I love email! Feel free to drop me an email at Lynda AT LyndaSandoval.com. I'm on deadline A LOT, so if it takes me a little longer than you'd like to reply, I hope you understand.
Sharing top ranking on the list of things that suck? Mean people and SPAM. I hate, hate, hate SPAM, but I have to live with it because if I use a filter, I'm afraid I'll miss a legitimate query from someone like YOU. I've decided to be Zen and realize that SPAM isn't just a repulsive lunch "meat" (term used loosely) anymore, it's part of my life, kind of like zits and dental visits and cramps.
HOWEVER, HERE IS A WAY YOU CAN HELP!
If you're sending me an email, please put something SPECIFIC in the subject header, like the name of the book you are writing about. Stay away from all the typical SPAM headers like, "Hi!" or "What's up?" or "Discount Viagra Here!" (Okay, you probably wouldn't put that last one. Whatev.) Anyway, if you could do that, you'll be my friend for life. The other day I had eleven legitimate messages hidden in 5,962 SPAM messages. No lie.
And, in case any spammers are reading this, I'd like to answer some questions once and for all:
1. If I wanted Viagra, (a) I'd be insane, because I'm a girl, and (b) I would go to my doctor. So GO AWAY.
2. I do not want to enlarge any of my body parts, especially those I don't possess (DUH), so GO AWAY.
3. I don't buy "designer" watches from people who SPAM me. Ditto computers, software, or anything else, so GO AWAY.
4. I donate a large amount of money to charity every year, but I choose the charities and I make the contacts, so GO AWAY. (And admit it, you're not a charity anyway).
5. I do not have any desire to view perverted pictures of you, your boyfriend, your grandma, your horse, or any other twisted combination you might have come up with, and I sure wouldn't PAY to do so, so GO AWAY.
6. If I have missed your particular swindle in this list, I'm still not interested, so do me a favor and GO AWAY.
Mailing list members receive advance information about my new books and book signings and events. This mailing list is private... your e-mail address will not be shared.
Note that the company I use, VerticalResponse.com, is a no-spam email service. If you have a spam-blocker on your email account, you may need to put Lynda_Sandoval@mail.vresp.com into your Contacts or on your approved list in order to receive newsletters.
If you would like a bookmark, please send your mail to: BOOKMARK REQUEST, c/o Lynda Sandoval, Box 265, Conifer, CO 80433 and include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Need to contact my agent about subsidiary rights or other agenty stuff? I'm represented by the esteemed Jenny Bent, Vice President of Trident Media Group. Please use a SPECIFIC subject header, maybe something like, "I want to throw piles of cash at Lynda Sandoval," and send an email to her assistant, Victoria Horn, at jbent.assistant AT TridentMediaGroup.com. The cash thing? Yeah, you'll get a speedy response. Trust me. ;-)
If you are emailing to set up a publicity event, you are welcome to email me directly and I will confer with my publicists.
Photos around the site were either courtesy of MOI or by the following talented folks:
Deanna Nichols (or her flickr set)
D. Sharon Pruitt (or her flickr set)
NOTE: Almost every photo on this site can be clicked on to enlarge... check it out!
Do you have a question for my web goddess, Madeira? Email her at webmaven AT xuni.com.